Sunday, September 15, 2013

time is shifting; so am I

It is officially fall today.

Not because my calendar says so, but for many little reasons.

It smells like fall outside my windows, and I can tell the trees are starting to get ready.
Sunsets are earlier and earlier every night, sneaking darkness in so quickly. I'll hate that in a few months, but right now it's so cozy.
I have fresh Honeycrisp apples, and pumpkins aren't far away.
Big cozy socks on my feet and hot tea in my hands.

It was foggy and chilly late last night, and somehow when I woke up snuggled deep in blankets and baby, it was fall. And I am overjoyed!

Life is so sweet. So hard and challenging and so damned sweet.

Carrot cake cookies in the oven, and a lovely split pea soup will be bubbling away for dinner soon.

I feel quiet today. Alone and quiet and nice.

The summer was a big rush of energy and movement and change, too busy and full and hard and good. Fall? It's going to be different, somehow. Busier, harder, and yet I feel more myself than I have in a while. More quiet and in touch and in tune. In control and taking charge and still going completely with the flow.

Fantastic things are coming!

No comments: