Friday, November 14, 2014

bonus gratitude: children

After a cold, sunny adventure of gathering pinecones and hide and seek with three fun and awesome kids, I came into my warm house and was struck, deeply.

I have never been grateful for my new career path.

I have felt lucky to be able to stay home with my boy, and glad I had something to provide the community. I've been excited for so very many parts of the journey, and my pride at what I've built is huge.

But I had not until today felt joyous gratitude that I get to love amazing children and get paid for it. I get to tromp around the yard in crunchy leaves, I get to play lions and ROAR, I get to hug hug hug hurt feelings away. I get to teach love and respect and how to build a puzzle. I get to love these sweet perfectly imperfect, always learning little sponges. I get big hugs and kisses and laughter, and get paid for it. 

I am so deeply grateful that my life has led me here. I had no idea, I never aspired to this or could have planned it. But I am here, and I am grateful

No comments: