Sunday, November 9, 2014

gratitude: the little things

I almost didn't write this tonight. Because I haven't been feeling terribly grateful. And then I realized that this is the exact moment when I need to write this the most, it's the whole point.

So this is a little different.

I'm grateful for the sweep of evening misty fog that slips over the pastures and turns known roads into mysterious adventures.

I'm grateful for bright sun on equally bright, if dulling, crispy leaves. For the lashing winds that sweep this season away into the next along side the leaves of yesterday. For rain rain rain that drowns down the sorrows and cozies up the middle of the days.

I'm grateful for the quiet mornings, lighter now, that are a welcome routine for the first time ever. These long lasting moments of still, with hot tea and cold water and breathes to myself. 

I'm grateful for the final chill in the air, for snuggling up deep in blankets and sweaters and hot cups of anything.

This is my season. This is the season of family and love. Which makes it painful and beautiful and lonely and sweet. And I choose to focus on the beautiful and sweet.

The coziest of cozy.

No comments: