Sunday, November 2, 2014

gratitude: the beginning: strength

I don't typically take part in Gratitude Month. Mostly because I think I do a very good job of always remaining grateful and don't feel the 'need' to make it public.

This year, right now, I do.

My life is hard and stressful and I'm struggling daily to see the gratitude and joy. It's there, it's just behind a lot of sleeplessness and number crunching and stress stress stress. 

So, each Sunday, for the month (and beyond?) I will be writing a quick 'gratitude' note. For myself, for my soul, and maybe to help someone else see the good in their own chaos.

Right now?

Strength. I am deeply grateful for strength. For the strength I have learned and grown into. The strength to follow my heart and breathe deep. The strength to do everything I do everyday and constantly learn. My parenting is a testimony and so is my depth of friendship. I have felt both tested, but I come out of darkness feeling bold strength.

And this kid. I cried while he laughed and played legos and was so damn strong tonight. Through hard nights and a mom who can't always be here even when I'm here. I think often about why I'm able to do this, and I have never given thanks for the strength of my son. The strength to share me, love me through my faults and shortcomings, to giggle and count with me, to wait wait wait for attention. I cry, and love him deep.

We are strong, the two of us. We conquer everything.

I am grateful.

No comments: