Monday, August 19, 2013

trash the labels; win

I think a lot about the 'good days' and the 'hard days' we have.

And here's the thing, today was hard. Bad hard. Shared tears hard.
But today was also a colossal win. Not because I could fix all the tears, not because I never felt overwhelmed.

But because as the night winds down and I look back, I kept going.

I just said fuck it. I get too caught up in labels as a parent. Crying It Out, Cosleeping, Attachment Parenting, etc., etc.

Just do it. Do what works for you, your baby, your family. Don't feel guilty if you think it isn't in line with a label you've given yourself. If it works at all, do it. And feel good about it.

The second I decided to let go of the labels, stop second guessing myself, and follow my gut, things got just a little easier.

And a cold beer doesn't hurt.

No comments: